Center for International Media Analysis USA (CIMA) is looking to hire part time NATIVE in-country journalists to report on local and national relevant news.
Journalists/Reporters must be *NATIVE*of and RESIDING in the following countries:
Middle East : Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Qatar, Oman, Yemen, UAE, Iraq, Bahrain, Kuwait.
North Africa : Tunisia, Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Sudan, South Sudan, Morocco.
Asia: Pakistan, Bangladesh, Iran.
Africa: Congo, S. Africa, Tanzania, Ghana, Nigeria, Djibouti, Liberia, Uganda, Chad, Togo, Rwanda, Burundi, DRC, Mozambique, Mauritania, Kenya, Malawi.
Central and South America : Costa Rica, Peru, Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Chile, Venezuela, Panama, Mexico.
Responsibilities will Include
* Periodically composing a few lines about local and national current events.
* Monitoring different newswires and online media outlets, news aggregators, and social networks to gather leads on possible news events.
* Generating daily local media reports and headlines from local newspapers.
* Accuracy and ability to write well sourced news.
* Must be available to work different shifts.
Successful candidates will have:
- Minimum of three or more years of professional news experience.
- Excellent writing skills.
- A good eye and strong understanding of what is considered to be pertinent news.
- Must be well read on current affairs.
- A BA in journalism or international relations is a plus or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of English is a big plus.
Salary is negotiable based on the candidate’s experience and skills.
Submit resume and possible references.
Job Type: Part-time
Required experience: News Experience: 3 years
Required education: Bachelor's
Required language: English
Part time Center for International Media Analysis 3 to 5 years Part time Bachelor